Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Menstruation . Cramping Out Loud



I generally don't get into politics but this really bugged me.....

Apparently saying the words "Menstrual Cramps" freaked out some conservatives during a discussion of the Affordable Care Act's Women's Health package on Monday.

Specifically Dana Loesch.

Senator Tom Harkin was defending the Affordable Care Act's mandate that insurance plans cover preventative care, including birth control pills, he mentioned that birth control pills can benefit women who have difficulty with "menstruation."

Senator Harkin said the following:
There are many women who take birth control pills, for example, because they have terrible menstrual cramps once a month, some of them almost incapacitated, can't work. I know of young women myself who, because of this, aren't able to work and be productive, and it's prescribed by their doctor. 

Dana Loesch's response :
It's asinine to suggest that birth control is the only way women can control menstrual cramps. Speaking from experience with endometriosis, there are a number of other remedies available to women that assist with this issue, not just birth control pills. If it was about women's health, the "birth control" aspect wouldn't be at the spear of the left's push.

Duh..... Dana - - Senator Harkin never stated that birth control is the "only way" women can control menstrual cramps. He also never in fact stated "all" women could benefit from birth control during menstruation, just that many women who experience menstrual cramps - experience relief after using birth control as prescribed by their doctor. She also completely missed the fact that there are actually many aspects of the ACA's women's health package — like domestic violence counseling, breast screening, and HPV testing— that have nothing to do with birth control.

It really annoys me that a man can show more empathy towards women who deal with menstrual issues than another woman.  I'm glad Harkin acknowledges that many women find relief by using birth control pills, but the lack of support Loesch shows--considering she menstruates and presumably gets cramps--is just well what can I say stupid.......

Think, listen and do your homework before you speak and or write Dana - it might do you some good.

2 comments:

  1. Very notable blog and very important things point out on subscription tampons in this blog. Thanks for this.
    We deliver Subscription Tampons service is standing by to provide sanitary products and a little extra support when you have your period. Get started today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guild lines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967/  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetis,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp,  Fribroid.

    ReplyDelete